Seating Plan for a Wedding
Aghhh.. The dreaded seating plan! For most couples the seating plan is the most complicated aspect of the wedding planning and also causes the most unnecessary conflict. However, the seating plan doesn’t have to cause this much pain and strain with your planning. So here is a guide on everything you need to know about writing a seating plan for a wedding.
Follow our best advice and it will make this part of the planning a whole lot easier!
- Wait until you have received all or majority of the RVSP’s before you start working on the seating plan, as this just means that you aren’t going back and forward or swapping and changing things.
- Definitely make a formal seating plan. Some couples often decide not to go with assigning people to tables. But trust us from experience that the chaos and anxiety caused when everyone is trying to find a seat at a dinner table is an absolute nightmare!
- Decide whether or not you are going to assign specific seating as well at those tables. Majority of guests usually prefer when they can sit wherever they want at the assigned tables. Its honestly up to you both but this may cause more frustration and additional stress trying to match and fit specific people beside one another.
- Begin by grouping guests according to how you both know them. For example; family members, childhood friends, work friend’s college friends etc. This allows you to have tables where everyone feels comfortable and familiar with one another.
- Definitely designate a kid’s table if you decide on inviting children to your wedding. This avoids them running around or disrupting their parents meals and allows them to sit and socialize with one another.
- Final point is to be TACTFUL with your seating table. Don’t just throw anyone on any table for the sake of getting the seating plan done and over with. Be weary of peoples feelings and try to put yourself in their shoes to figure out if they’d enjoy sitting at the table that you’ve assigned them
If you would like to have more ideas to help you with your wedding planning, or help with your seating plan, please email: email@example.com or you can call our wedding planners on 01 281 2905 for more details.
Keep up to date by adding us on Social Media. Showing you all the behind the scene details!