Creating the Perfect Wedding Welcome Bag
If you’re a guest attending a wedding there is nothing quite like arriving to a wedding to find a welcome bag filled with simple essentials to make your night or weekend that bit more enjoyable. A “Wedding Welcome Bag” is filled with local treats, useful information, and thoughtful goodies. This is a great idea for your out-of-town guests but even if you don’t have any guests from abroad coming to your wedding, it is still a unique touch that we would highly recommend including. It is a lovely token of appreciation to show all your guests how thankful you’re for them to join you on your special day.
There are a number of ways on how to present your wedding welcome bag. It does not have to be presented in a cute bag or tote, alternatively you can use a box or a basket, something that stands out to you and goes with your whole wedding vibe. Make sure to buy a container that fits the amount of gifts you want to give, buying something too big to put your gifts in will require you to buy more, so keep it small if thats all you need.
Below we have listed some top items that we think would be ideal to include in your “Wedding Welcome Bag” –
- A letter or postcard with a welcome note
- A printed wedding weekend itinerary
- Irish snacks (both savoury & sweet)
- Mini bottles of alcohol (personalised bottle label as an extra touch)
- Bottled water (personalise the label with your wedding date/venue)
- A map or guidebook of the local town/city where your wedding is taking place
- Local gifts or souvenirs
- Slippers, earplugs, or eye masks to make their sleep extra peaceful
- Painkillers for the morning after!
You can customise the list above to suit your wedding and your guests. Also remember that the season (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter) in which your wedding is taking place in can also factor into your choice of gifts.